6.24.2009

Of Mice and Men - The Tale of Remy & friends

Tukutuk tukutuk tukutuk..



It's 2 a.m...I'm supposed to be asleep but the irritating sound woke me up in the middle of the night. I actually thought I was only dreaming and the sound is a part of the dream. I opened my eyes and there "he" with his "waxed" side was nibbling on my coffee stick.


Oh men! "he's" at it again!!!


Yes again..this is not the first time Remy (the mouse as we fondly call it) feasted on my food and Florie's food and Ate Evzz food..and.."he" is not the first Remy.."he's actually Remy III...to give you and brief recap on the Remy thingy in our house let me tell you how the first 2 Remy's were discovered and how "they" got exterminated (haha)

REMY I - DISCOVERY:
Discovered when "he" munched on Ate Evzz Choco Flakes, when
"he" feasted on Florie's biscuits, when "he" muched on my Crimson
Seedless grapes from Papito, and when "he" ate Teacher's chocolate
and a bunch of other stuff.
CAUSE OF DEATH:
Ate Evzz expect konking using a "tabo".

REMY II - DISCOVERY:
Like Remy I, "he" ate a bunch of our stuff.
DEATH:
My discovery of the STICKY FLY PAPER caused the end of poor Remy 2.
I sentenced "him" to death and prophecied "HINDI KA NA SISIKATAN NG ARAW."
By putting 4 traps within our house and sticking "his" favorite Goldilocks mamon
at the middle of the STICKY FLY PAPER, Florie's trap caught poor Remy 2.
Another victory for the Pretty Ladies.

That was tragic death of the 2 Remy's that once existed in our house.

Remy III is a warrior..a survivor...he sought vengeance for his two fallen comrades. In retaliation to what we did, he raided my grocery..my noodles, my coffee, my biscuits and my precious Seedless Crimson grapes..he can eat all my stuff but not my precious grapes! Remy III also ate Florie's Stock of fish feed ("he" must be really hungry).

We used the STICKY FLY PAPER to catch "him" but we only found tiny stands of "fur" stuck to the NOT SO STICK FLY PAPER. And so "he" continued with his being a tiny pest..eating our stuff...

Afer reaching the tipping point, we decided to put an end to this circus. We used our STICKY FLY PAPER and put bits of meatballs at the center to catch Remy III attention. We went on to work and got home only to find out that he manged to squiggle "his" now hairless body our of the sticky trap we had for "him". So that explains his waxed side, the white patch on his side caused by risking his freedom to eat the food at the middle. Disappointed, we were close to quitting.

The next afternoon, my rommie Trina sent me a text message that she deserves a proze for what she has done. I thought it was just one of her usual fairygod roommate stint (she actually fixes my bed and my stuff when she senses the aura of my being my old self).

When I got home, Florie tried to tell me something but i said later...
I opened my room, Trina was sitteng on her bed..smiling..
I checked my cabinet ---- still unimaginable..
I checked my shoes ---- still scattered on the floor..
My bags ---- still dumped in the cabinet...

I looked sideways and saw the NOT SO STICKY FLY PAPER gone...
My eyes widened..
"Is Remy...???"
Trina smiled and nodded...
I leaped and shieked with joy at the victory...
She whacked Remy III to unconsciousness with her Plant slippers when she saw the poor mouse stuck to the NOT SO STICKY FLY PAPER...
Ate Evzz actually took a picture using Florie's digital camera but the image is too gross to post here.

And so Remy III is gone...

SCORE:
Pretty Ladies: 3 points
Remy & friends: 0

FIN

I had to borrow the title of John Steinbeck's well-known book "Of Mice and Men" for this blog.

0 comments: