9.11.2009

What am I doing wrong?!?!


42 They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

DEVOTION.
The key word. To translate it, I would like to borrow a word from Ptr. Frank: DAYUKDOK. If I want a multiplying ministry, I should banish mediocrity, half-heartedness, and (oh well..) comfort. Ministry work is not for the faint hearted nor is it a joke. The God I serve is worthy of everything. I should be devoted to the study of God’s word, fellowship and prayer. These are just some of the basics of Christian living. Taking time to do these things will lead to knowing the Lord, and what he wants to do through me.




44 All the believers were together and had everything in common.

UNITY.
Oneness. One vision. One Hunger. One Source, One God.



45 Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need.


GENEROSITY and SELFLESSNESS.
Whoa!!! Wait. I know I haven’t reached the level of selling what I have for anyone yet. But it is my prayer. First, to have a generous heart. Second, to be selfless and sacrificial when confronted with the pressing need of a brother or a sister.

46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts..

CONSISTENCY.
Everyday with untiring devotion to the Lord the early Christians met together. I can’t imagine having a worship everyday but want to feel what they felt --- so filled with the Holy Spirit they just can’t get enough!



Reflection:
1. My ministry is not growing because I am not devoted (its do or don’t. anything in between is unacceptable)
2. Too many activities distract me from my primary role --- to love God and to make disciples.
3. Selfishness prevents me from being used by God to showcase His love through generosity for His children.
4. I am inconsistent.

Lord I lift it all up to you… I know change is on its way..I’m letting go..and letting God.

0 comments: