5.23.2011

Life Lesson #1: Forgiveness


"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."
Colossians 3:13


I find it easy to forgive people i generally like. For them, a simple sorry will do..but for people I am not fond of, it's just not enough.

Many of my quiet times with the Lord clearly talked about forgiveness..even until now. I do not need to ask why..it's simple..FORGIVENESS IS A LESSON I STILL NEED TO LEARN.

It's like loving the unlovable..God commanded me to forgive..then that is what I have to do...easier said than done.

"Bear with each other..."

"tiisin, pakisamahan" Well I was thinking about being passive.."Lord pwede bang kunwari wala na lang sila..I won't hate them.. I just won't tlak to them..para lang silang sabaw.." Howevever, bearing doesn't just mean being passive, but for me, it actually connotes taking action..socializing..is it being civil? I know God is telling me it's more than that.

"...and forgive whatever grievances you may have with one another."

The word AND means it is not an option..it is necessary that I bear AND forgive..and it means forgiving ALL grievances..big and small...ALL..Forgiveness towards those who hurt me and at the same time seeking forgiveness from those whom I have hurt.

"Forgive as the Lord forgave you."

The Lord knows with certainty that I am just babbling and I am not completely clear on what He is talking about..so He gave me an example. I have to remember who I am, what I've done in the past that made God frown, others cry, and hurt myself...not to mention what I am going to do in the future. I have to remember all of that and then forget all of that! Start with a clean slate.Whew!

Hard is an understatement. The Lord knows I'm shrugging my shoulders and just agreeing emptily with a big question mark on my face.

Lord.. I pray you'd show me how..I thank you for being the perfect example of what I should do. But Lord I am not like you..not yet..please help me pass this test with flying colors..and enable me to testify of your great love and mercy..Amen